Sub-Saharan Africa Analyst
We’re delighted to continue our partnership with Dragonfly (formerly the security intelligence and political risk practice at Risk Advisory Group). Following their recent rebranding Dragonfly are going through an exciting growth phase and we are supporting this through the recruitment of various analytical roles.
*** Please note that only applications through enteles Search will be considered for this opportunity ***
You’ll be an excellent researcher and analyst who can go beyond the news to provide clients with insightful strategic and operational analysis on security, stability, and crisis risks. There’s a particular interest in analysts who are commercially aware and can engage effectively with senior stakeholders.
Although these are regional specialist roles, the analysts will sit within intelligence and analysis units spanning multiple regions. They will be expected to work on those other regions, specifically Asia and the Americas.
The roles entail production of written intelligence and security risk assessments, open-source research, human source cultivation, briefing clients and other audiences, editing, client relationship management. They will also have responsibility for managing researchers, depending on the individual candidates’ seniority.
The client is willing to consider candidates at a range of seniority levels, but with a minimum of two years highly relevant professional experience, most likely working in commercial-grade intelligence analysis in a consultancy or in-house. We also encourage applicants who do not have a specific background in the political and security risk industry but have relevant and transferable skills.
- Right to work in the UK. EU citizens will be considered with proof of pre-settled status/leave to remain. We may consider non-UK and EU citizens as long as there is proof of a valid work visa for the duration of the temporary contract.
- Native-level written English and fluency in French.
- An ability to communicate effectively and express ideas and information clearly verbally and in writing.
- Detailed current knowledge of political and security dynamics of the region of speciality
- Excellent online (OSINT) and offline research skills, and ability to collate, process and exploit intelligence from large volumes of information.
- Developed understanding of how to assess information validity and source reliability.
- Creative approach to research, analytical and inquisitive mind.
- Responds to constructive feedback with a positive and mature attitude.
- Strong interpersonal skills and able to work as part of a team to common goals