South Asia Analyst
We are excited to be working with a market-leading intelligence consultancy that is seeking an Analyst with a focus on South Asia.
This is an exciting opportunity for an excellent researcher and analyst who can go beyond the news to provide clients with insightful strategic and operational analysis and forecasting on security, stability, and crisis risks. There is a particular interest in analysts who are commercially aware and can engage effectively with senior stakeholders.
Although this is a regional specialist role, the analyst will sit within an intelligence and analysis team spanning multiple regions. They will be expected to produce work covering other regions, most likely Asia Pacific. This is a permanent, full-time role based in the London office, with some opportunity for regional travel if and when required.
The role entails the production of written intelligence and security risk assessments, open-source research, human source cultivation, briefing clients and other audiences, editing, client relationship management.
We are seeking candidates with around two years of relevant professional experience, most likely working in commercial-grade intelligence analysis in a consultancy or in-house. We also encourage applicants who do not have a specific background in the political and security risk industry but have relevant and transferable skills.
- Right to work in the UK. EU citizens will be considered with proof of pre-settled status/leave to remain.
- Native-level written English.
- An ability to communicate effectively and express complex ideas and information clearly verbally and in writing.
- Detailed current knowledge of political and security dynamics of the South Asia region.
- Developed understanding of how to assess information validity and source reliability.
- Creative approach to research, analytical and inquisitive mind.
- Responds to constructive feedback with a positive and mature attitude.
- Strong interpersonal skills and able to work as part of a team to common goals.
- Regional language skills such as Hindi, Urdu.