Senior Operational Security Analyst, London
Salary: A great base salary with a package that includes life assurance, private medical, non-contributory pension plan and 30 days annual leave.
We are currently looking for a Senior Security Analyst to join our client’s newly formed Security Intelligence Operations Centre, based at their London HQ.
Although the successful candidate will have knowledge of the information and cybersecurity space, we are looking for a real all-rounder who has solid knowledge and understanding of methodologies for security and intelligence techniques and processes. You do not need to be a technical wizard..!
The function is divided into three areas – overlooking people and personnel, assets and critical infrastructure, as well as information and cybersecurity, with the candidate being expected to provide a wide range of security support and intelligence analysis across all of these areas.
The operations centre is a core function of our client’s operations, responsible for providing actionable intelligence as well as operational and critical incident support on all matters of security, ensuring maximum protection for staff, assets, and data to enable them to achieve their overarching objectives freely and with confidence.
Reporting directly to the Head of Security and Crisis Management, the main functions of the role include, but are not limited to:
- Providing timely, accurate, and actionable, as well as user-friendly security intelligence and reports to internal and external clients.
- Spearheading the operation centre’s growth and evolution, actively improving their information and cybersecurity capacity as well as incident response capability, in collaboration with internal and external stakeholders.
- Serving as a key-member of the core critical incident and crisis management team responding to all matters of security, whilst taking the lead on information and cybersecurity incidents, especially as an escalation point for high-priority or highly complex incidents.
- Training, mentoring and guiding other team members on information and cyber incident response practices, tooling, and capabilities.
Designing and delivering generic information and cybersecurity training to all staff and subsidiaries.
- Driving development and continuous updating of standard operating procedures (playbooks) and documentation for company domains, including automation and integrations where possible.
Developing and maintaining open, productive working relationships with internal departments, regulatory agencies, law enforcement agencies, security and technology vendors.
- Preparing and presenting accurate and timely information in response to audits.