Security Manager, Kenya
Location: Keriche, Kenya
Salary: A package including a strong salary and accommodation
Our client is a leading global organisation, operating in over 180 countries across the world.
We are recruiting for Security Manager to join their Kenyan operation, a complex environment that operates on a very large scale. Prospective candidates will not only possess strong commercial experience, but will have the ability to lead teams and people in an emphatic style, understanding their own invidual challenges and providing strong and creative security solutions where appropriate.
Based in Keriche, accomodation will be provided, as well as a competitive salary and benefits package. Please note that this isn’t a role that you could commute to from Nairobi for example, you will be required to live on-site. This remains a local contract, so you will have the existing right to work in Kenya, as well as experience gained in Kenya.
Your responsibilities will include, amongst others, the following –
- Manage operational activities and performance standards of 3rd Party Security contractors. Effectively manage third party security service provision companies in terms of fit for purpose performance and adherence/compliance with agreed SLA’s.
- Be responsible for coordination of immediate incident response, escalation and immediate reporting on the Security Incident Reporting Network tool.
- Lead on Travel Security management across Business through traveler support in Security Coordination Centre/Control Room in Travel security and Incident management programmes. Ensure safety and security of employees whilst on Company premises and during travel within Kenya.
- Implement, Evaluate and monitor risks within Business Security initiatives and liaise with Chief Security Officer for technical advice on Projects and emerging threats
- Support Chief Security Officer office in driving Group Security and Cluster Security Initiatives
- Ensure implementation of Group Security Policy, Standards and procedures and periodically revise procedure in line with dynamic security threat environment.
- Spport various investigations on detected and reported breaches of security and security incidents.
- In conjunction with the Chief Security Officer, implement proactive security awareness programs or processes and to protect life, corporate assets and to ensure business continuity
- Ensure Security induction and briefing of all new joiner’s international staff/visitors on in country security issues on arrival at Factory Sites and Office on the security situation in the country.
- Initiate and co-ordinate an immediate response to security incidents where there is a threat to Company employees and assets to ensure minimised loss or injury. If necessary, to respond personally to these threats
- Provide coordination and support for all high-profile visits, Events, and Functions as may be required from time to time
- Proactively provide Security advise for Project work and transformation programmes within other Functions.
- Periodically review and audit Security architecture as well as Internal Controls risk commensurate to ensure they are cost effective and aligned to management objectives; close on any identified gaps
- Manage oversight of Protective intelligence through proactive information collection to avoid disruptions from violent crime or political unrest.
A full job description can be made available.