Junior Group Safety & Security Response Analyst
Based in Amsterdam, this is a great opportunity to join a leading technology company as an embedded Safety and Security (jr) Analyst, initially on a 12 month contract. This role is considered a crucial role in the front-line defence of our clients protection of their, and the brands’, people, customers, partners and assets. The Intelligence team falls within the wider Group Security and Resilience team, a dynamic, lean team requiring hands-on support in day-to-day safety and security operations.
The analyst will perform global (active) monitoring, conduct research, assessments of geopolitical events, including identifying developing trends, and triaging incoming safety and security cases, both internal and external, often requiring the utilisation of OSINT tools and techniques, in addition to working with stakeholders to best understand how these services can be continuously developed in order to provide the best internal service.
As offices reopen, they will play an integral role in the development, testing, and implementation of safety and security standard operating procedures, requiring quick decision making and strong stakeholder collaboration skills. The successful candidate will follow and develop pre-defined actions and utilise OSINT skills to investigate possible security incidents and/or perform initial incident response actions for a wide range of stakeholders, from travel security to health and safety, PR, office management, crisis management and everything in between. Logging and creating visibility on day-to-day threats and initiated response is a critical aspect of this role, particularly as GSOC operations become increasingly formalised.
The successful candidate will execute daily ad hoc tasks, lead initial response actions as needed, and track incidents through to completion. The analyst may also be required to present intelligence findings or developments through presentations to relevant parties.
Responsibilities include –
- Monitor local and global events that may impact our client’s people, operations, assets, reputation and stakeholders and provide periodic and timely reporting.
- The analyst will perform global (active) monitoring, drawing on multiple vendors, as well as their own network, conduct research, assessment and analysis based on this, including identifying developing trends, and will triage incoming safety and security cases, both internal and external.
- Assist in maintaining, populating, and evaluating intelligence databases and sources.
- Respond to office safety and security events worldwide, such as fire alarms, workplace medical incidents, dawn raids, and other safety and security incidents requiring immediate support.
- Work with stakeholders to debrief incidents and make necessary edits to SOPs as required, as well as developing new ones.
- Collect, including through the establishment and monitoring of Boolean tripwires, assess, and organize intelligence and data into relevant, actionable reports
- Use understanding of global security environment to prioritize, filter, and assess the credibility of open-source intelligence sources.
- Support other Corporate Security teams, such as travel security, executive protection, events, investigations, counter-intelligence, and physical security, health and safety, fraud, internal investigations and PR, often utilising OSINT.
- Follow and develop pre-defined actions to mitigate immediate threats, investigate possible security incidents and/or performs incident response actions, including escalating to other support groups within the wider security organisation..
- Set up the foundational base of the response team and their procedures.
- Produce insightful and actionable intelligence reports.
- Rapidly communicates on triaging and incident response.
- Produces situation reports.
- Present to a diverse array of stakeholders at all levels of the organisation.
- Create and maintain a network of information sharing and partnering relationships.
- Create strong partnerships with security and other critical teams across the group and represent Security at Group level.
- Follow and develop pre-defined actions to mitigate immediate threats, investigate possible security incidents and/or performs incident response actions, including escalating to other support groups within the wider security organization.